AUTOLOGOUS SERUM EYE DROPS
IHRE APOTHEKER offer you an innovative approach to therapy for dry eye syndrome: taking consideration of the legal prescriptions governing medication, we manufacture autologous serum eye drops as unpreserved blood products. The serum is extracted from the patient's own blood and the biomechanical and biochemical properties are comparable with those of natural tears.
What we offer
- Manufacturing licence in accordance with § 13 AMG (German Medicines Act) for autologous serum eye drops
- Class A/B clean room laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology in accordance with GMP and optimum air conditioning
- Co-operation with a certified collection centre in the Rhine-Main region
- Validation of transport from the collection centre and incoming goods inspection performed by us
- Filling autologous serum eye drops into a suitable application system
- Aseptic filling of applicators in a closed system and retention of stocks for patients
- Reliable and swift delivery in the Rhine-Main region by our logistics team
IHRE APOTHEKER have developed an innovative means of administration for eye drops made from autologous serum which enables legal out-patient distribution of these eye drops as well as swift supplies to as many patients as possible in the Rhine-Main region.
In the form of a co-operation, a certified collection centre handles blood samples from patients, testing for pathogens, centrifugation of the whole blood, preparation of the autologous serum and microbiological testing. Our work starts with validating transport from the collection centre to our pharmaceutical clean room operation and incoming goods inspection with regard to the test results as well as approval of the autologous blood serum for further processing.
Filling into a suitable application system is performed in our A/B clean rooms using state-of-the-art GMP technology and optimum air conditioning. Enabling us to fill up to 36 individual applicators in a single work step. Thanks to this innovative, closed system, an aseptic and safe filling process is guaranteed at all times. The eye drop bottles are individually sealed and assigned to the respective patient using special labels. One blood donation can provide medication for six months. This is then frozen at IHRE APOTHEKER and used in weekly doses as required by the patient.
Autologous serum eye drops promote the integrity of the corneal and conjunctival epithelium better than preserved or unpreserved pharmaceutical products. With the result that they can be used by patients suffering from dry eyes (dry eye syndrome), corneal ulcers and corneal transplants. Thanks to our innovative means of administration, we offer legal out-patient distribution of these eye drops made from autologous serum as well as swift supplies to as many patients as possible in the Rhine-Main region. As autologous serum eye drops are a blood product, they are exempt from sales tax.